So I had a Eutsler-like weekend this weekend, with stuff crammed from Friday all the way to now. And as you might have guessed, some of it was due to Mr. Eutsler.
Friday: After work, went to an impromptu happy hour with some friends and some friends of friends that I don't know (this would be the "broomball" clan, I fit in because the broomball captain plays on my volleyball team). Interesting bunch.
Saturday morning: On Friday night I got a call from my cousin, who lives in Dallas but commutes to Cincinnati for her job (yes, she's a consultant). She's been here on and off for like 6 months, but I've never seen her due to her crazy work schedule. Well, her flight got canceled due to weather on Friday so I got to have breakfast with her on Saturday morning. It took a canceled flight for me to see her. Remind me to not be a consultant. EVER.
Saturday evening: I participated in my first fantasy baseball draft of the year. It took about 2 hours, and I drafted a team I know will at least beat both the Sturgis brothers. You hafta be on top of your game, it's an online draft and after 1.5 minutes it automatically picks for you.
Saturday night: I meet up with Jim and a couple others (Jon is one, but he doesn't believe in blogs so I won't mention him) as Jim is celebrating not having Karen around for a night. We hit Dave and Buster's and then go bowling. I don't break 100 in two games. But I did catch the bad guy twice in Tokyo Cop.
Sunday morning: At 10 AM I have the second draft of the year. This one, I'm confident I can at least beat the one Sturgis brother that's in the league.
Sunday afternoon: I meet with a friend's husband at 1 PM to talk about engineers and how we're trying to get out of it... He used to work in the auto industry, so he's understandably jaded. At 2 PM we hit Ross Park for my second Eutlser event, the one and only softball practice of the year for Jim's team. It felt great hitting and running and catching in that 80 degree weather. I've been swinging the bat all winter, and hopefully it'll pay off this year! I feel like I can at least beat the two Sturgis brothers in hitting this year.
Sunday evening: BBQ outside with the aforementioned Jon and another family of friends. Got to hear the typical poop, burp, and spit-up talk about the two babies that were present. Jon also showed me an article for "The Most Eligible Bachelorettes in Cincinnati" and good ol' Valeri was on the list!
Sunday night: I quickly go through my case study that's due for my marketing research class for Tuesday. It's another one about the arts, this one about the theatre (last week was about a symphony). Funny, I always end up concluding that they need to cater to people who are there on dates. I also do my typical last second packing for next week, as I will be in Wisconsin for a plant trial and coincidentally Easter weekend too! And now, it's time to sleep...
Sunday, April 01, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
“celebrating Karen being gone”? what kind of debauchery went on that wasn’t reported back to me?!
Glad you had such a great weekend! Ain't it great to be popular?!
Jeez, you speak as though the Sturgis brothers are your mortal enemies.
Remember, if you only beat one team, but that team is Ryan's, you had a good season.
I ripped on the Sturgis brothers only because I know they read this, and this was a long blog so I need something to get people's attention.
I'm wincing at your talking about Sunday's 80 degree weather. Here it was cooler, but still nice. The problem: Monday, high 67. Tuesday, high 39!
Post a Comment