Hi Karen !
My fiancee and I met two summers ago at UC-Davis when she joined our Food Science lab. I took an interest in her at a potluck when she stared in my direction for most of the night. To this day, she'll contend that she was just daydreaming, but I'm glad she looked my way. We hit it off after a few conversations because we had so much in common, the first of which was our love for food. I quickly realized that I had never been happier and that she was the one I wanted to be with for the rest of my life.
A couple of Wednesdays ago, I cooked a symbolic meal for her. It started with noodles, a sign of longevity in Chinese tradition, topped with her favorite food, chicken. The meal also had vegetables and pomegranate juice for health and longevity based on food science. The last dish was vegetarian chicken. She makes an amazing version of it, mine is only so-so. I made it anyway despite my shortcomings, to show that I'll always try harder.

After dinner, we retired to my room where there were 99 red paper cranes hanging from the ceiling. She enjoys arts and crafts and loves origami. Red symbolizes good luck and fortune. Nine is "jiu" in Mandarin, but it sounds like "jiu," which means a long time. Ninety-nine shows that our love is forever and that it took me forever to fold that many paper cranes. =)
After explaining the things I made, I got down on one knee and told her I wanted to be with her forever. We went on a romantic cruise to Ensanada that weekend and I thought that was the perfect ending to our week...
That is until the lucky Friday that followed, when you called me on the phone and told me we had won the engagement ring for the month! I really couldn't have hoped for a better ending. We will remember this fantastic week for the rest of our lives. Thank you so much Karen, thank you KOST 103.5, and thank you Kevin Jewelers for making this all possible!
-Winston

-Winston

4 comments:
awwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!
That is soo sweet!
too sweet! a girl remembers her proposal FOREVER.
awww, I want one! That's like a fairy tale, but you forgot the line "and they lived happily ever after.".
Post a Comment