Saturday, April 14, 2007

GE Care Credit

Well, unfortunately after my good customer service experiences, I got to experience a bad one. This one is with GE Care Credit, who financed my no-interest account for my Lasik surgery, which I just paid off. Here's an excerpt of the complaint letter I sent in:

To Whom it May Concern:

I am writing to express my displeasure of my experience with your CareCredit service and customer service. I recently paid off a 12 month no-interest financing balance via check, which was cashed by GE on 3/27/07. On 4/12/07, the auto-payment on the website took out another payment. My account was therefore overdrafted, resulting in a $33 overdraft charge.

When the check was cashed by GE, my account should have reflected a zero balance, and no additional payment should have been made by the auto-pay. I was informed by your customer service that you do not consider this a GE problem. I respectfully disagree. Once my check is cashed, that should zero out my balance. If your system does not work that way, I would ask that you consider changing it so it does.

I am also disappointed with the customer service. I called on Saturday April 14, around 10:30 AM EDT to request a reimbursement for the $33 overdraft fee. I talked to Greg first, and got cut off. After calling back, I talked to John, who later referred me to his supervisor, Dawn. Dawn refused my request, and continued to try to end our conversation by asking “Is there anything else I can help you with?” She finally gave me this address, which I accepted. What was really infuriating was after that, she went into a sales pitch about some web specials you were offering.

I am writing you asking that my $33 overdraft fee be reimbursed. I also am asking you to seriously re-evaluate your customer service process, including how your representatives handle complaints, the recorded sales pitches before getting to a customer service representative, and the unsolicited sales pitch after the call, especially when the call is a complaint.

7 comments:

Dave said...

Service everywhere is getting bad. When I walk into the post office I feel time slowing down.

It will only get worse as the only way left to reduce cost is by taking up more of our time as consumers.

Have fewer people working to save money and soon the line at Kroger or Target or the Post Office gets a lot longer. They do the same amount of business, it just takes longer for us.

Anonymous said...

dale, i totally feel you on the bad customer service. i write letters, make phone calls, send emails, and bitch to dave when i am treated poorly. BUT i believe in karma, so i also write letters, make phone calls, and send emails when i have really good customer service.

Martha said...

Hmm. I had a similar occurance when I paid my credit card online and it was taken from the wrong account (I clicked pay, then change account, then, when it paid it took it from the default account..I felt if it was done in that order, it shouldn't have done that...). And when I called to fix it they went into some sales pitch (prior to transfering my call) where I told them I did not have time to make idle chit chat when there was a $1000 discrepency that needed to be discussed.

I went into the post office this week and thought the same thing about slowing down. While I watched the woman's movements, I wondered if one had to make a conscience effort to move THAT SLOW!

Kudos to you, Rachel! I believe that positive energy will get one further, however, have been known to lose my temper (like when being given a sales pitch in the middle of fixing a $1000 discrepency)

Winston Lee (Savvy Familee) said...

If you go up high enough, someone will eventually give you good customer service... unless you're dealing with the airlines.

Dale said...

So it seems like the pay on-line stuff is a bit dicey. As someone who's trying to figure out how to program a website, I can understand. I just wish they'd take responsibility, or at least be sincerely sympathetic.

Martha said...

agreed. acknowledging frustrations and NOT blaming the person can be huge in customer care.

Karen said...

please updated us when GE responds!