So on Yahoo's homepage, there's a suggested blog topic: "What were you doing 10 years ago today?" Well, if I tap into the emails that I saved, I found out that I was scheduled to play in a tennis tournament for my high school on April 6, 1996. In an email dated 3/28/96, I talk with my long-time high school friend Jason about... girls, relationships, etc. More specifically, me talking about my frustrations (he had just started dating what turns out to be his future wife). I don't know if it's frustrating, pathetic, or whatever, but fast forwarding 10 years to 2006, the subject of this blog will be pretty similar...
I hesitate to talk about this subject, mainly because I really don't wanna jinx anything and sound stupid. However, it's hard to jinx something that's already finished. And I figure I'm around friends. So anyways, here goes... So the girl affectionately known by Karen as "the white girl" (and to the rest of the world is known as Amy) and I had gone out a couple times. Thought it went well, but the third time was not a charm as last night she pretty much indicated (in a polite way) that she wasn't interested in continuing. Yes, I am extremely disappointed, but it's hard because you can't exactly blame the other party for anything, if the interest isn't there it isn't there. It's also hard because no matter how much you try to hold yourself back, you can't help but think about all the possibilities, and to realize they're not gonna happen is very disappointing. So Jim and Karen, sorry, you're gonna hafta work more for that steak dinner. (If you don't know the story, Jim played the part of a wingman beautifully through his wife Karen. You don't know how much I appreciate you guys looking out for my romantic life. :))So alas I move on...
Sunday, April 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
she's missing out on a damn good thing.
i'd like to think that your blog will not be the same 10 years from now. Cool to know that you're still friends with the same guy(s) that you were 10 years ago though.
On to bigger and better... i'm out for my steak dinner and bragging rights of Eutsler involvement in your future relationshipS. I will not be defeated!
Have I cleaned out your high school yet? :)
Why "the white girl" nickname? Have you dated any other type?
Anyways, don't worry, there's someone out there for you.
Post a Comment