Sunday, April 16, 2006

I can see clearly now... and the National Air Force Museum

So I did it! On Friday I took the plunge and got Lasik done. I'm seeing great today, no issues that I can see with night vision, and I think I'm probably already 20/20. I hafta keep resisting the instinct to take out my non-existent contact lenses before I sleep... I think poking a finger in there probably isn't the smartest thing in the world to do right now.

My parents came up this weekend to take care of me during the 20 min procedure and subsequent valium induced 4 hour nap (Winston, I think you might be able to save on the valium if you ever decide to do this). The next day we headed to the National Air Force Museum in Dayton, and if you love war planes, that was the place to be! My dad had an amazing database of knowledge in his head about these planes that I never knew he had. He told stories of picking up wreckage of a particular plane that we saw after it had crashed during a training exercise when he was a kid in Taiwan.

The best part was seeing the B-2 Stealth Bomber. Funny thing was when you took a picture of it with a flash, it didn't show up in the picture too well. I wonder if it has anything to do with it being stealth. But I figured out if I didn't use a flash it looked a lot better. I promise I won't tell Al-Qaeda that all they need to do is to turn off the flash.









Left is with flash, right is without.

We also got to see some former Air Force One planes. On the bus to get to the hanger with those planes, my mom (as she typically does) befriended someone in the seat next to her. She said she was from Wisconsin and this interchange took place:

Mom: We drove 7 hours to get here from Wisconsin!
Person next to mom: Just to see this museum?
Mom: No, my son got Lasik done, and he didn't have a girlfriend to take care of him

This person happened to be a new dad, with a maybe 5 month old infant in his arms. While she was in the waiting room of the Lasik center, she befriended a dad with a 2 year old girl. I think she's thowing subtle hints.

The fact that I took the following two pictures and blogged shows my immature sense of humor:




Huh huh... I'm gonna name my plane that someday







This one's special because Major Bong is from Wisconsin, and is also the namesake of the Bong Recreational Area :)

4 comments:

Karen said...

you're mom is funny. i'm sure she meant no harm. i promise i'm not chuckling at your expense...

Winston Lee (Savvy Familee) said...

Oh, that's why it's called the Bong Rec Area. You learn something everyday.

LL Cool Ting said...

Haha BONG!!!!!!

Angela said...

Aww, M-o-o-o-m...