How we met: Hmm... their family was moving to Wisconsin from Buffalo. They had a friend who knew my Aunt, who lived in Chicago at the time (apparently close enough to Wisconsin). My Aunt then told my family. So we had them for dinner. (This kind of thing happens more often than you think within the Chinese community)
Commentary: Winston is an incredible napper. This guy can sleep in any position, anywhere, and independent of how much sleep he may have had in the last 24 hours. When he's awake, he's been one of my best friends. Not so much asleep. We went to elementary school, middle school, high school, and college together. In elementary school, I towered over him. He now towers over me. Trivia: Winston's sister is a former Proctoid.
Favorite moment(s): Let's see... Thanksgiving pot lucks at our houses. Annual outings we call "Stupidfest" (i.e. where all the nerds from college get together). Roommates in 8th grade at Northwestern Pseudo-Smart People Summer Camp. A visit to San Antonio a few years ago, where we had the worst tasting drink of our lives (illustrated in attached pictures).
Relationship defining moment(s): Hmm... well recently Winston starting dating a girl. I found myself giving him relationship advice. Talk about blind leading the blind. Also have a collection of pictures of him sleeping. Trying to get 12 so I can make a calendar out of it.
If it weren't for him, I: Would have no one to IM at all times of the night (he's on Pacific time).

Winston eagerly anticipating a can of starfruit juice.

Winston realizing starfruit juice tastes like ocean water, with more salt

Winston disposing of mine and his starfruit juice.
3 comments:
having never met Winston before this commentary all i knew about him was he was into stocks like you! :)
If it weren't for him, I: Wouldn't be nearly as uncool and nerdy as I am now.
Don't forget Bowen Ct., Chinese school + Chinese camps, and fantasy sports. Where would we be now without fantasy sports?
I will never forget the CD and B-day card Winston sent me on my 21st birthday!
Post a Comment