Tuesday, April 25, 2006

April showers bring May makeup softball games

So this will be one of those blogs that I start having no idea which direction it'll go... Just one of those nights where I feel like sharing. Well first off we were supposed to have a 10:10 PM softball game tonight, but it got rained out (and it's like 40 degrees outside, but that wouldn't have stopped them). Speaking of which, here's the team photo prior to our run rule win last week. Yup, we got a sponsor this year... Scrubs 4U, the president, or owner, or whatever, of which happens to be our shortstop, Mr. Eric Wells. If anyone needs scrubs, check out www.scrubs4u.net. I like to think of this as our "before" picture of our championship season.

In other news... I'm done with the first week of post-Lasik bliss. Well, it's not total bliss yet, as I hafta sleep with these clunky goggles on, so when I wake up I still aren't able to see anything. Plus, as expected, I have some dry eye issues, which makes it feel like my contacts are in. But hopefully that'll taper off with time. The good news is the night vision doesn't seem to be an issue.

I also purchased a couple of domain names this weekend, daleting.com and wildting.com. Don't really know what to do with the site... anyone have ideas?

3 comments:

Karen said...

i thought about buying a domain name for the sole purpose of posting pictures... however i couldn't figure out how to cheaply host it...

Winston Lee (Savvy Familee) said...

The person manning the camera's gotta say when people have their eyes closed.

A lot of places have $5-8/month hosting and free domain:
http://www.webhostinginspector.com/startlogic.html

There's so many sites out there that do things for you free already, I'm not sure what you would run on your site. Maybe we could run Dean's Fantasy Football calculator on your site. I forget if Dean ever tried stealing box scores from another site to automate the scoring system though.

Winston Lee (Savvy Familee) said...

Oh, also, some places let you host several domain names, so once I get my site going, I'd be willing to share the costs with you.