Thursday, August 02, 2007

DJ Ortho response

I recently received a letter back from DJ Orthopedics about the letter I sent on July 8:

Dear Mr. Ting,

The purpose of this letter is to provide you with confirmation of your written complaint which we received on 7/17/07. We are looking into your concern and will make our best effort to provide you with a written response that will include our final determination on this matter no later than 8/3/07.

Addressing patient complaints is never a simple issue. There are usually many factors that need to be considered and we make our best effort to understand the patient's perspective, as well as the perspective of others who may have been involved. Our goal is to resolve patient complaints promptly and in an unbiased manner.

We do appreciate your input and thank you for your patience.

My take: I certainly do appreciate that they wrote me back, and gave me a time deadline for responding. "Addressing patient complaints is never a simple issue." Well, to me this one is pretty simple. You can make an investment of $272 and get a return on investment when I buy my next few knee braces at huge margins. Or you can take that $272 and lose out on that. We'll see what happens pretty soon...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

slightly OT, but I really despise the whole medical billing/insurance system. I just got an invoice last week for a medical bill from a year ago. The balance doesn't match up at all with my insurance documents. Arg... I already spent over 1/2 hr calling the clinic and trying to work with a dinosaur fax machine. =(

Winston Lee (Savvy Familee) said...

So you should have a response? Kind of pointless to set a deadline and not meet it.