Sunday, August 19, 2007

Sunday Night Badinage - 8/19

Quite an interesting weekend... Was able to take another step towards one of my goals this weekend, namely to go on 4 dates this year. Got to go on date #2 of the year last night... I actually broke a record with this date, unfortunately it wasn't a record that Jim would be proud of... Saturday night was the shortest date of my life! I was home by the 6th inning of the Brewers/Reds game. Quote from my sister and the intern who's staying with me (more on that later): "Back already???" Sigh, I'm quite disappointed... looks like date #3 will most likely need to be with someone else.

P&G interns stay on the Xavier University campus; however, they must all move out in early August to make room for the fall students. So that leaves many of the interns out in the dust. This year I'm housing one for two weeks. The cool thing is he's a tennis instructor, so we've hit the courts a couple of times and I've learned a great deal. One thing that I surprisingly was able to coach him on is cooking! He's been at my side learning as I grilled burgers and steaks. Quote: "Wow, I'm never going back to Lean Cuisine!" It's almost like I have an apprentice with me. Now he's graduated on to chicken, and he's got chicken breasts marinating in the fridge right now. He says this is the only thing he's learned from a P&Ger in his whole internship.

4 comments:

Winston Lee (Savvy Familee) said...

Hmm, you might want to make this one private. Otherwise that intern's not going to get a job offer!

Martha said...

Internships are so full of information. That is disappointing this person feels they got nothing out of the summer. Usually people learn more from the internships than ever imaginable in class.
And as much as you may not like the company, I'm certain that P&G has a lot of information to offer students, assuming he, too, put forth the effort.
(sounds like this person probably wouldn't want a job offer.)
So onto the important stuff: what sort of marinade did this dude make?

Karen said...

sounds awesome! YES, you need a third date... hmmmm... i need to start working my class in October as i think it'll all be adults rather than 20 year olds. Not that you'd mind a 20 year old i'm sure...

Anonymous said...

I have probably caught up to, if not passed, a certain "goal" of yours for this year. I'm up to three and counting.
:)
(yes. I'm hiding this comment so no one actually knows).