Sunday, August 26, 2007

Sunday Night Badinage - 8/27

To answer Martha's question from the last blog... The marinade the intern used was a pre-made one bought at the grocery store (I taught him well... the easier the better!)

My trip to the aquarium last weekend inspired me to return to the pet ownership world... I got myself a couple of goldfish for home and a betta for work. I had goldfish bowl that was more fat than tall that I used for their initial home. One committed suicide while I was at work last week... so this weekend I went out and got a stereotypical fishbowl and another fish. Both fish are doing well, very active, and very hungry (they gobble up the food really quick). The betta just looks bored or aloof. Just kinda sits there, and when its fins and tail droop down it looks as if it's sitting in a boring meeting. A corporate betta... perfect.



Today I went to my very first board meeting for the Cincinnati Community Orchestra. Was pretty interesting to see the behind the scenes workings of the orchestra. I'm probably the youngest person in there by 15 years. One thing I might be able to influence is getting them to get more younger females...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If those fish die on you, maybe you could get a bigger tank and some Koi. Those things seem like they last forever.

Anonymous said...

Just randomly going around the net and saw your blog. I saw that you are in the Cincinnati Community Orchestra. Have you heard about the Cincinnati Metropolitan Orchestra? They are based on the westside of Cincy, but play throughout the city and Northern Kentucky. Their website is www.gocmo.org.