One guy there also created a webpage, yifanclub.org, and posted this picture. However it's all in Chinese, of which I can read on like a first grade level. Well who woulda thunk it that the web could translate Chinese too. It's not perfect, but it's enough to get the drift. It does make for something pretty amusing. Check out the second paragraph on the site first, then check out what the translator spits out:"Sends the fan we, deeply loves the basketball; We, like Yi Jianlian, likes the male deer team; We, deeply love this city which the life as well as we lives... ... Comes, joins our □□Yi Jianlian the fan club! The hope facilitates this marriage with the aid of our local Chinese people and all mass organizations' strength, lets the matter have to let everybody happy result; Let us have an opportunity in front of the entire society to demonstrate our Chinese people community, tells everybody us is a unity, the cooperation association, we like the land and here people which we lives □□at least, we cannot let ignorant manager Fei Gen talk irresponsibly, describes in front of the public this beautiful city and the life in here Chinese people mass organization has no merit to speak of! This is an equality, the voluntary organization, this is a friendly affection cooperation association. Here, is a homeland □□United Arab Republic's homeland, fan's homeland, Chinese people's homeland, is people's homeland which each deeply loves the life. Comes, we wait for you in here!"
My favorite part is where it mention the "male deer team." I.E. the Milwaukee Bucks. And something's lost in the translation, not really sure why the "United Arab Republic" is in here. I will hafta check with my parents and get back to you...
4 comments:
I love the way things translate. I once was in a very mixed group of europeans and through 8 translations, french toast became flip b!tches....don't ask me how it go there...
hahaha. you said you're the tall guy "relatively". 5'9" is supposedly average for a man (???) you're around there, right? maybe 5'10"?
sorry. made me laugh.
I was wondering about the male deer team. didn't get that immediately. whew. I'm a quick one.
I'm actually around 5'7", but I guess I look 5'10" in the picture.
really? I thought you were around my height, maybe an inch shorter. hmm. Perhaps you were wearing heels when we met.
:)
Post a Comment