Nice article about the Yi, Milwaukee, and the Chinese community. Personally I think it's the Chinese government that's b*tching about him playing in Milwaukee, not him.
I wonder the outrage if the situation were reversed. What is wrong with playing for them? With professional teams, they don't have to live in the city you play....between off season and away games, more time can be spent away from the city which they play anyway. Not that it may be ideal for fans, but who cares. As long as the player gets the quality of life (s)he wants. Shoot, Billy Doran lived in Cincy and played (momentarily) for the Brewers. Wow that was years ago - I was in grade school!
sorry...I'm not actually a Billy Doran fan...he is a name we bring up for old laughs, too...he used to hit on our mom at grade school softball games as we played the team his daughter was on... I don't actually keep up with athletes, where they live and who they play for...I just knew that one as an example at the time. here's another one: Antoine Walker in Chicago and Miami Heat (but I had to read recent articles of him getting robbed to find out where he lives....) What about getting his foot in the door and then being traded down the road? Besides...what is better for marketing than having a bunch of fans excited about him playing for "their" team??
I don't keep up with baseball all that much, except for when the Cubs are doing well, but in my opinion, China has no right to complain about anything. After all, they did execute the former head of the health ministry not too long ago.
Yes they did. He accepted use of some ingredients knowing they were lethal (bribes were reported to be involved). While it ended with the tragic deaths of many pets and possibly 90 some people, I don't know that it warranted the execution of HIM (punishment most definitely. But DEATH?)
5 comments:
I wonder the outrage if the situation were reversed.
What is wrong with playing for them? With professional teams, they don't have to live in the city you play....between off season and away games, more time can be spent away from the city which they play anyway.
Not that it may be ideal for fans, but who cares. As long as the player gets the quality of life (s)he wants. Shoot, Billy Doran lived in Cincy and played (momentarily) for the Brewers. Wow that was years ago - I was in grade school!
Billy Doran? I remember that name... it's one of those players you bring up when you want a quick laugh.
Yeah, I think the bigger issue is teh govt wants him in a larger market for marketing reasons.
sorry...I'm not actually a Billy Doran fan...he is a name we bring up for old laughs, too...he used to hit on our mom at grade school softball games as we played the team his daughter was on...
I don't actually keep up with athletes, where they live and who they play for...I just knew that one as an example at the time.
here's another one: Antoine Walker in Chicago and Miami Heat (but I had to read recent articles of him getting robbed to find out where he lives....)
What about getting his foot in the door and then being traded down the road? Besides...what is better for marketing than having a bunch of fans excited about him playing for "their" team??
I don't keep up with baseball all that much, except for when the Cubs are doing well, but in my opinion, China has no right to complain about anything. After all, they did execute the former head of the health ministry not too long ago.
Yes they did. He accepted use of some ingredients knowing they were lethal (bribes were reported to be involved).
While it ended with the tragic deaths of many pets and possibly 90 some people, I don't know that it warranted the execution of HIM (punishment most definitely. But DEATH?)
Post a Comment