Saturday, July 29, 2006

Bloggin' from Seattle

Not yay for $7.95 wireless access... but I figure since we have a 3 hour layover, might be a good investment.

It was a wonderful trip, and the Templin/Wolf families acted as wonderful hosts for me. One of the interesting things is to try to explain to people how I fit in. One person asked me how I fit into the group... "Well, Jon's cousin's husband is a good friend of mine." Eventually, I just resorted to "I'm their foreign exchage student."



On a similar note, none of the employees on the cruise line were American. Many were Asian, Latino, South African, etc... I don't think there was one American on the cruise. There were two instances where I was mistaken for an employee:

Buffet server: So how long have you been on this ship?
Me: About 3 days
Server (looking confused): Oh, are you new?


Only 2 more hours until our red eye flight to Atlanta.

2 comments:

Karen said...

LOL on the "oh are you new" part!

Finlands finest said...

That's hysterical!!!

I'm glad you enjoyed spending time with the Templins. I always have fun as a "Templin"!!