Thursday, July 06, 2006

Bobble Dog! And other July 4 happenings from the Badger state

So the July 4 weekend had me back in my hometown of Brookfield, WI. It's beautiful in the Badger state in the summer (too bad it doesn't last longer!). One of the many great things about Wisconsin is the many lakes, of which I got to spend one day at Whitewater Lake with my good friends. Didn't try to waterski, but did go sailing for the first time in my life. It's amazing how much Physics goes into sailing. This is also where I discovered that the best way to answer one of those "how does it work" questions is "it's like an airplane wing." Apparently that's how sailing works.

On July 4, my wonderful sister that works for ESPN 1510 AM radio got me amazing seats (10 rows behind the plate!) to the Brewers game. Of course, the good ol' Reds just happen to be in town (I don't know how many times I've seen the Reds play in Milwaukee). At this game they gave away something that will be priceless to me... a Bobble Dog! It's a bobble head version of the racing hot dog. The "real" racing sausages are in the picture on the left, and the Bobble dog is on the right. It's one of those little quirks I love about a city! (For those of you who noticed, I have a small replica of the Bratwurst hanging from my rearview mirror).





















It was a great weekend in Milwaukee... A few good friends had moved back to Milwaukee since the last time I visited. I also felt guilty about leaving my family. It was very hard leaving town yesterday, despite knowing I had a doubleheader softball game to look forward to.

2 comments:

Winston Lee (Savvy Familee) said...

Haha, are you starting to name drop?

I never knew from watching the races that that one was a hot dog. I know from my classes that if you get one that looks like that, you shouldn't eat it.

Tom said...

Dale, that is one of the best bobble heads, but what ever happened to the weiner that got hit in the head with a bat? Is the bobble bat extra?