So why not another Alaskan cruise blog...
One of the interesting phenomena that happened on the cruise was people got nicknames according to how you first met them. I guess remembering names is too much. The most obvious way to get a nickname is based on where you're from. I.E., there were the "Texas chicks." Karen's dad, after an experience on stage with a hula hoop, was called "Cincinnati Steve." The guy who knocked off Jim in the ping pong tournament, paving the way for me to win it was dubbed "Ping-pong Dave." A few young women that the Templin/Wolf clan met were the "Blond chicks" (for obvious reasons). And a cute young lady who came up to talk to cousin Jon because he had a Purdue shirt on was then dubbed "Purdue chick." Even our own party got nicknames... brother Mike (I'm using Karen as a point of reference for these relatives, obviously I'm not really related to any of them) was for some reason named "Juicepouch." I actually don't know the reasoning behind that one. Mike's girlfriend Lindsay, after an unfortunate Family Feud experience (the question was "Name the top answer for the following question... What is your favorite condiment?"), got the moniker "Mustard."
(Texas chicks are in the back smiling, Juicepouch in foreground on left, Mustard in foreground on right)
Cincinnati Steve on the right, the other two guys said "CINCINNATI STEVE! LET ME INTRODUCE YOU TO MY FAMILY!"
Me on the left, ping pong Dave on the right
No pics of blond or Purdue chicks... will just hafta use your imagination. :)
6 comments:
Dude, you didn't list YOUR nickname.
Oh, everyone already knows mine.
Was it Dancing Dale?
Some say "foreign exchange student", others say "cruise staff", I prefer "loved one".
that was too funny!!
When I went on my cruise senior year, all the cruise servers hit on me because they all thought I was Filipino like them...
Post a Comment