Friday, January 02, 2009

Top 5 Things of 2008

Here's the rest:

5. The 5 weddings I attended this year... I had two good friends, including my very first high school dance date, a cousin, and of course my sister, get married this year.

4. My sister's wedding reception at Miller Park in Milwaukee. It was a great venue, with the baseball field in the background, and the entire extended family showed up in Milwaukee.

3. My sister's destination wedding ceremony in St. Thomas in the Virgin Islands... The beach was beautiful, the food and drink was all inclusive (I had four drinks a day... but it was spread out from noon to midnight, so it wasn't that bad). And of course a cute bridesmaid's roommate doesn't hurt.

OK #2 and #1 are going to be combined into a one mega top 10 item. Each one individually would've been on this top 10 list, but put the together and you get one mega item...

#1-#2 are...

My trip to Hawaii combined with the first $1 in profit from NOTtheBookstore.com! It was a really wonderful taste into what could be... money rolling in while I was blogging on the beach, a true "4-Hour Workweek" moment.

The trip to Hawaii itself was wonderful, I was able to spend time with my mom and also able to cheer my dad on as he received an award for his research into hops. It must be lonely being really good at something only a select few understand, so at least we were able to show our support.

So there you have it... the best of 2008. It's hard to beat both 2008 and 2007. 2009 is beginning like a lamb, with things being pretty quiet. Here's to hoping 2009 is a great year for me.

1 comment:

Martha said...

I hope 2009 is great for you, too!

I, for one, am extremely glad 2008 is over. flu (first time in about 10 years), car accident and having to drive a KIA for 6 weeks, broken ankle, theft while on vacation - I'm glad it's in the past and hopefully this year won't repeat any of the crap! I had some great things, of course, but I wouldn't mind the bad being a little more dispersed in the future - in 2008 if one *extremely* GOOD thing happened, then something *extremely* BAD happened on the SAME day! Kharma must've had a field day with me or something...