Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Last night in St. Thomas

It's the last night in paradise... it's dark here, except for one streetlight. In front of me is sand and the darkness of the ocean, and the great sound of waves crashing into shore. It is this environment that I end the 2nd of my 2 beach vacations!

We've been really lucky... there are 3-4 hurricanes and storms swirling around this area, but the worst weather we've gotten was today, when it rained for 3 hours. It was a little different here than Hawaii, as there are like 25 people here (half belong to my family, including a grandma from LA and a cousin/aunt from Taiwan).

Other unique things I didn't mention:

Brady chose his dad as his best man. (Can you see how this wedding became a tear jerker really quick?)
Linda and Brady took pictures in their wedding attire in the ocean the next day. It sounded really off the wall, but as they were taking them, it made a ton of sense!

So this is it! Maybe I'll get to blog a bit more as I have a couple of decently long layovers. See you stateside.

3 comments:

Karen said...

yes, lots more detail. sorry, i'm dense - why did swimming in wedding attire make sense?

Finlands finest said...

I bet pics in the ocean in their wedding attire look very cool!

Martha said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip! We want more photos!