Sunday, March 30, 2008

Sunday Night Badinage

- I sold my car today! They came and picked it up... I ended up getting almost $2000 more than what I would've gotten it had I traded it in. Was kinda sad to see my first car out of college go, but it was going to the family of a P&Ger who had just had a second kid. Plus sitting in the new TSX helps too.

- My Roomba just finished vacuuming up my bedroom... I find it very hard not to talk to it like a pet dog. I went upstairs, and it was just sitting there looking at me. I wanted to say, "All finished? Good boy!" I carried him down and put him next to the docking station, cleaned out his dirt bin, hit the button, and he went into his dock and is recharging now... I really should name it.

- Another example of me being lazy and smart... I went to Target today and bought two weeks worth of white and black socks, all the same. I will replace my current inventory with these socks so I never need to match socks again... they're all going into a drawer en masse.

- I'm taking a half day off tomorrow to watch the Brewers on ESPN2! I wish there was someone who was a big enough fan to join me... In our fantasy baseball draft on Saturday, all the Brewers got drafted before me. Guess I'm rubbing off on them! In what we starting calling "reverse homer" I took a bunch of Cincinnati Reds.

4 comments:

Karen said...

LOVE your thoughts on socks!! how guy and how smart!

i have to admit i LOLed at your Roomba comment - too cute. Perhaps "Rover" would be appropriate?

Martha said...

Yay for selling the car!

The roomba portion had me chuckling.

Interesting sock concept. I'm assuming white is for play and black is for work/dressier? Out of curiosity, how many pairs of shoes do you own? I'm assuming 4?? sandals, black, 2 pairs of workout/play/sports? I had a friend who tried that - everything he wore was green and tan and brown (best colors on him, and could wash together, too). That way everything always matched, no matter what he pulled out of his closet.

linds said...

I definitely think you should name your Roomba. I was cracking up when I read that!!!

Viki said...

I think you should name your Roomba Roger - Roger the Roomba. Or how about Ray? Ray the Roomba. :-)

Trey wanted to stay home today with the Blue Flu, and I've got the Cubs' website up to I can keep tabs on the score...because I can't get WGN radio to come in on my radio, despite my working in the building next door to the one they broadcast out of!