Sunday, March 02, 2008

Sunday Night Badinage

It was quite a week for me... spent four days at Hueston Woods resort near the Miami (OH) campus as part of a leadership training for APA's (Asians and Pacific Americans). Overall very good training... I think for most of the class there was a lot of learning. One thing I learned is I should trust my leadership skills... I got that feedback from my peers in the training. Second is for the first time, I lead a task knowing that some if not a majority of the people would not be happy with me, but I was OK with it. The task needed to get done, and some people might not see it that way, but I was confident that I would be able to mend fences along the way and not beat myself up for people being unhappy with me.

I also added an Acura TSX to my garage. It had 5 miles on it when I picked it up. I spent today figuring out the doo hickeys, including the XM Satellite radio, the hands free bluetooth phone, and opening the windows with the key fob. I moved the Camry today to give the TSX some more room, and that's when I could notice the differences. The Acura actually sits higher than the Camry, and of course you had to give it a lot more gas for it to actually move.


I also got myself another toy, which probably warrants a blog in itself... It's a Roomba vacuuming robot. But we'll save that for another day...

5 comments:

Winston Lee (Savvy Familee) said...

You should post a picture of your camry too. It's like the ignored older sibling now.

Tom said...

Dale,
Congrats on the new car! I think the new car smell can cause cancer, but what a smell it is! Enjoy the new ride! We'll have to park our cars next to each other on the diagonal and take some killer photos of our rims, at least that's what they do in car mags. Maybe we could get some girls to lay on the hoods too!

Karen said...

pretty car. Can i touch it?

girls to lay on the hoods.... hmmmm....

Martha said...

So pretty. Can I have a ride in it? Or even better, can I drive it? :)

Anonymous said...

I already sat in it, so it's old news to me :)

Dave