Saturday, December 15, 2007

Top 5 Nicest Things People Did For Me... #4

#4 on the list is Jim and Karen acting as wing-man/woman for me about a year and a half ago... I think I blogged about this back then. The story is Jim and I went to a middle/high school science fair to be judges for the kids science fair projects (no, we did not attempt to pick up a high schooler). We got hooked up to this particular fair because Karen's friend was a teacher and had some students in it. After the fair, Jim and I sat down for some lunch and Karen's friend came over to talk to us, along with a female colleague of hers (who Jim pegged as looking like Elisabeth Shue, of Karate Kid/Back to the Future fame).





(This is a picture of Elisabeth Shue)








After they left, Jim shot me a look of "so, what do you think of her?" I said yeah, she's pretty attractive. Jim goes "I'll mention something to Karen." I'm thinking, all right, worth a shot.

This was Saturday afternoon. Monday afternoon at 5 PM, Jim called me and gave me her name and phone number. This had to be record time, because it had to go from Jim to Karen to Karen's friend to Karen's friend's friend, back to Karen's friend, Karen, and Jim in the span of 48 hours. Anyways, we ended up going out a few times before she moved away. But the bottom line is, it's very flattering to have Jim and Karen be so willing to go to bat for me. And this doesn't count the countless other attempts that Karen (and apparently her grandma too!) has made as well. So in honor of this and all of her other attempts, this is #4 on the list.

4 comments:

Karen said...

I am cracking up! what can we say? we love you!! that and you've got to be one of the best, coolest, handsomest guys i know- it'd be a crime NOT to help share you with the women of my city!

Martha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Martha said...

Karen, do you think about everyone you try to set up with Dale? About what makes them a good match to be together? Or, do you throw every single chic you know at him, and hope one sticks eventually (like shooting pool or throwing darts)? I had an accounting instructor at UK who's philosophy on dating was the later - quantity over quality.

I'm surprised you're not taken. Usually the good ones are the first to go.

Dale said...

Well thanks for the compliment! I'm flattered. :)

Not sure what Karen's method is, but this girl was a pretty good catch (except for the fact she moved away and other stuff).