Wow, I realized that I had already blogged today... it feels like days ago!
I went to the batting cages today to keep working on my stroke... Recently I've turned into one of those ineffective power hitters. You know, the ones who go 1 for 4 with a HR and 3 warning track fly outs. Not exactly what I want to be, considering that it doesn't help the team that much and I've got more speed than a power hitter so I don't get a chance to run the bases.
I discovered, for the 23251th time, I left my bat at the last game. Well it was time to get a new bat anyway, since the one I used was dented at the sweet spot (I guess if there's anywhere it should be dented, the sweet spot is the right place). I don't know much about bats, but I thought I'd take a shot and try to buy one at Dick's. I couldn't remember what the specs were that I had used, but after browsing some bats, I saw one that was DeMarini (the same brand I had) and it was 34/30 (length 34, ounces 30). Those numbers seemed right, so I went ahead and bought it knowing I could return it if I didn't use it.
I called up Jim to help me figure out if I got the right bat. He told me that I swung a 28 ounce bat. That sounded right too, and then it dawned on me why those other numbers clicked for me... 34/30 is my pants size! It's one of those things I committed to memory because I started getting a bit embarrassed that I always had to call my mom when I went pants shopping.
Sunday, May 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
hahaha. i'm sorry, but that's just funny.
I do like Jim's 30oz bat.
-Dave
you're cute.
Jim had to call me once about his shirt size. Made me happy that i was taking over such roles in his life! :)
I don't get the confusion over clothing sizes - isn't it listed in the shirt you're wearing when you buy a new one? (I have been guilty of that one - sneaking a peak at my own tags to figure out my size.) Although I guess if you go in with a Large Tshirt, it's not so obvious if you're buying a button shirt collar size....
Post a Comment