Sunday, February 17, 2008

The racing sausages contribute to Brewers roster

A couple of years ago I blogged about the racing sausages. Well this year they're helping in recruiting players to join the team:

From the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel:

Chorizo made the call: Upon learning he had been traded from Pittsburgh to Milwaukee over the winter, reliever Salomon Torres at first considered retirement. For advice, he consulted his two daughters, Ashley, 6, and Allison, 4.

When he asked if they wanted to move, the girls said, "Where?"

"Milwaukee," he said.

"Where is that?" they replied.

"You know, the place where the sausages run," Torres answered.

"Yeah!" the girls screamed. They were sold.

"That's what they know," Torres said. "It was the chorizo that did it for them, I think."




2 comments:

Finlands finest said...

That's hysterical! I love that the girls helped make the decision about where the family moved, and even better is that it was based on sausages!

Viki said...

When did they add the Chorizo? Last I saw it was the hot dog, the brat, the Italian, and the Polish.