Monday, February 18, 2008

Knight Rider review

So last night, after 25 years, Knight Rider came back. It was one my favorite shows as a kid, and all I need is for this new Knight Rider to be halfway decent and I'd be a fan! Well my verdict is, it's definitely halfway decent! Of course there's a lot of cheesy whiz bang technology stuff in the car, but that's part of the fun. I was concerned about the voice of KITT, but they did enough effects to the voice to make it work. They did a little home invasion scene before the show started, and after KITT made his appearance and sped off, the first few measures of the original theme music kicked in… and I felt chills go down my spine!

I enjoyed the show enough to be a regular viewer. I still wish they would've picked a more sporty car vs. the Mustang, but it works as is. They even had a dialogue about it…

What, another KITT?

Yup

Is it a Trans Am?

Nope, it's a Mustang this time.

I had heard they had gotten rid of the "woo woo" red lights, which would've been absolutely TRAGIC, but the Mustang had the red lights so all was good. They did a great job capturing the car's personality… about it technically not having feelings because it's a "car" and some pretty good comic relief:

KITT: I did not expect that response

Mike: You don't know anything about women

KITT: On the contrary, I have an extensive database…

Mike rolls his eyes

It also was awesome they had David Hasselhoff return for a cameo as Michael Knight. Will he appear in subsequent episodes?

Overall, if you're looking for a good, well acted, great plot… forget it. This has all the cheesy storylines and quirks of the car that make it fun. I for one will be watching!

5 comments:

Yan Can Slam said...

David Hasselhoff has nothing better to do, so expect more cameos.

What channel is this on?

Martha said...

hahaha.
You were excited to see David Hasselhoff's cameo. That's funny.

Anonymous said...

The voice of KITT is Val Kilmer right?

Dave

Martha said...

tagged, you're it! (which is funny b/c I don't think you ever accepted the invite to read my blog when it went private)

Dale said...

Martha: I don't remember getting an invitation, maybe I missed it. Can you send again? How do you take your blog private?

Dave, yes Val Kilmer is the voice. I'm surprised he isn't busy doing better gigs.