Friday, May 18, 2007

Day Off

So today after returning from the trip out West, I took the day off to prepare for the onslaught of guests who are coming to town. It felt so good to have a day off! I started my day off cleaning a bit, and headed out for lunch around 1 PM. Walking outside, it felt like a scene out of a musical... could almost hear "Oh what a beautiful morning, oh what a wonderful day... I've got a beautiful feeling, everything's going my way... " (from Oklahoma). Tom called me around this time, and I told him I'm not sure I'm going back to work next week. I went to IHOP for lunch, and since no one else was there, the manager commented "Wow, you're like a VIP today." I told him it was my day off and lovin' every minute of it. Of course, it also didn't help that I was listening to an audiobook called "The Four Hour Workweek."

This evening I drove up to Dayton and picked up my family... They all commented that I did a good job cleaning the house. Funny thing, I only cleaned for about 2-3 hours. Guess my sandbagging strategy worked... just get everyone to think how dirty everything is, and when they actually see it they think wow, it's pretty clean! Tomorrow my cousin, who's doing some consulting work out here in Cincinnati, will join us to make it a record 6 people staying at my house... and they all fit!

No comments: