I'm going to try to blog 2 good service things for every bad service thing just to keep the balance of goodness on the positive side. So...
Today I went to Borders bookstore to buy a book to keep me busy during my flight to San Francisco tomorrow. I got the book "Go Put Your Strengths to Work" (follow up to "Now Discover Your Strengths). The cashier lady said "hey, I've got an extra coupon here" and used it, and I saved $7! She did it completely voluntarily. Great experience!
Speaking of books, I'm giving up on the book "Wikinomics." I'm about half way through, and it's a bit disappointing... It reads like someone's term paper; I expect to see lotsa reference endnotes and stuff. It's a lot more compiling stories than offering much insights.
I'm half way through the book "The Art of Innovation" which is the story of IDEO, the company that companies hire to innovate. It sounds like so much fun! What do you think of, instead of cubicles or offices, they gave you a bunch of foam blocks that you can create your office space with? Kinda like a fort?
I just downloaded "The 4 Hour Work Week" from Audible.com based off reco's by the Sturgis brothers. Looking forward to listening to it!
Thursday, May 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I am currently reading Naked Economics which is fantastic.
I too had to give up on wikinomics, it seemed so promising but was very stale.
When i do the innovation section in my B2B class we watch a 20 minute video on IDEO - it's great! Consider picking it up from the library if you get time - it's called Deep Dive.
I think I have that video here somewhere in my house, it's pretty good! The book is awesome.
Dale - also the fact that your comments pop up in a small window STINKS! I need the whole page!
I like the pop up window, it saves on having to navigate back to the blog.
Post a Comment