Well, the first few days of notthebookstore.com are complete... Still getting about one visit an hour. The good news is I've gotten my first order! Someone ordered a math textbook on Thursday. The bad news? That's been it! Hopefully it's because no one's on campus yet, and once they get into the campus mood they'll start buying. And Karen, I'm thinking of getting someone to glitz up the page! You'll hafta let me know if you hear any insights from your students.
Today I went to a combined GE and P&G APA (Asian and Pacific American) picnic... Being in a group with 90% Asians felt weird to me, even though I am Asian. It's always a weird dynamic, they are my people, but then again I don't really feel like I completely belong... And of course I saw a lot more white men significant others than white women SO's. (By the way, they said that "P&G and GE" prizes would be given away. I wondered what kind of GE prizes there would be, light bulbs? MRI machines? Aircraft engines? Well, they gave away dehumidfiers and wine refrigerators!)
Banter from tonight's Sunday night football game by John Madden and Al Michaels:
Al: "Are you gonna have that spaghetti and chili tonight?"
John: "No... that's a mid-day thing. You need a whole day for it."
Al: "Do you wash that down with Rolaids?"
And finally... please welcome Lindsay the mustard girl to this blog!
Sunday, August 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment