Guess what I did today? That's right, learned about all those things today in... professional engineering school! Back in the day, our American Institute of Chemical Engineers had a t-shirt that I designed that had the top 10 Chem E words that sound dirty. I got to relive about half of those words today! When I introduced myself to the class today and told them I'd been with the company about 5 years, they were all surprised. Boy do I feel old! I still... or maybe think I still... relate to them. It was actually a nice breath of fresh air to be with them. I couldn't put my finger on it at first, but later I realized why. Everyone's questions, conversation, actions, were innocent and not geared towards trying to sell themselves, wanting to hear themselves talk, or personal agendas. The cynic in me says it's because they haven't figured out the way the company works yet, but it was like the sounds of silence... when there's so much noise all the time, the silence can be loud.
The ice wasn't the only thing that was cold during the ice dancing competition tonight. The Italian couple had apparently fallen last night, and they weren't speaking to each other. Right after the dance, during when they usually take their bows, she did nothing but give her partner/husband a cold stare. Behind the scenes cameras showed them continuing the cold stares right up to their performance tonight. I just can't stand that. Yeah, there are times when you aren't happy with each other, but there's no need to make a show out of it, especially in public. What sucks is being the guy, you can't fight back. You just hafta take it, and it hurts just as much.
Monday, February 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
those ice dancers were chilly. her especially. talk about a b-i-t-c-h. Like he meant to drop you, lady, puh-lease. show some class and appreciation for his feelings and ego.
Post a Comment