Thursday, November 27, 2008

Top 10 List

Per an IM conversation with Dave, I figure I'd throw this out there...

Apparently P&G and Google are having a kind of a job swap to learn about each other's companies... Since my cousin works at Google, and I work at P&G, there's been some joking around in the family that we should swap places.

So for my P&G buddies out there, help me fill out the following top 10 list:

Top 10 Rejected Things we should teach Google

I might send my cousin an email and have him do the Google version of it...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sure google is light in middle management - we should teach them about how to gridlock progress with tons of middle management

I am sure google also gives employees too much ownership and responsibility - break the bond by breaking their will :)

Google also doesn't have to ship their products since they are information - so we should help them turn their products into physical products like bandwidth you can ship or a print out of google maps for the car :) Heck why not a google mail box for your home mailbox? Or a service that prints your email and mails it to you!

Dale said...

Nice...

Maybe we should also teach them how to say "Proh-cess"

Anonymous said...

Looks like we've already hit the Girl Scouts:

Nearly 100 years later, Girl Scouts are fighting to stay relevant and hip. Shuttering camps is a difficult and emotional side effect of an ambitious plan to streamline Girl Scouts and roll out a whole new "leadership" program to revive interest in the 2.6 million-girl organization.

With membership falling by 250,000 in just five years, the Scouts have done a lot of soul searching. The group hired a management consultant and marketing team and laid out a "core business strategy" to make its programs "more purposeful," as one executive put it. Although November is cookie month - your doorbell may be ringing - the Scouts don't want to be known for cookies and camping anymore. Instead, executives use phrases like "outcomes-based," "pathways," "gap teams," "fading brand image" and "market share" to describe the new approach.


Dave