OK, enough silly conversation about me fathering mixed race kids for my married friends. Although I must say I did enjoy every minute of it.
Since I do a lot of Panerablogging and Starbucksblogging, this blog post on the Freakonomics blog was very interesting to me:
http://freakonomics.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/11/12/cafes-dilemma-can-you-offer-free-wi-fi-and-still-sell-lattes/
I feel zero guilt going to Panera and Starbucks to hang out (Tom and I hung out at Panera from 10-4 on Saturday) because never has the place I was at been completely full. And, since I really don't like Panera's food nor do I drink coffee, both places are making incremental income from me taking advantage of their wi-fi because I do always buy something.
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
6 hours!? it's like a frickin' office! but with those hours you have to at least get lunch and brining Chipotle into another restaurant is pretty rude...
I love Panera's food! The only drink I get at starbucks is chai tea...
I don't mind spending a few hours at one of those places even if I only bought a coke. If they are not busy, to me it is okay.
6 hours??!
Do you abandon your belongings to go to the bathroom? Or is this another place that offers a diuretic liquid and no restroom?
What are they gaining or losing by you being there? If, as you said, they are not packed with people WANTING the seat, they are losing NOTHING. Their overhead is a cost whether you're there or not. However, many restuarants actually gain by having people in their place - people in there can draw outsiders to come in.
Post a Comment