Hey, I made up a new word! Blog + badinage = bloginage. Just noticed it's been a while since I've blogged... the last couple weeks have been a bit busy.
We had our 4th semi-annual (bi-annual? What's the right word for twice a year?) Asian/Pacific Americans off-site last week. This time we had it at the Cincinnati plant, so I didn't hafta go far. The community has come so far in two years... It was music to my ears to hear one of them give the feedback that the one thing that was very different about our community and one in another department is how much we focused on leveraging our strengths and our diversity instead of changing to be more like a stereotypical P&Ger. That was my mantra and it's awesome to see it taking hold.
The CD thingy on my laptop broke off. The thing is designed so you accidentally hit the button all the time and the tray comes popping out. Well last week it just flat out snapped. That just adds to my ever growing list of things I hate about my laptop. Other than the CD thing, I had to get the screen repaired, there's a loud "pop" whenever a sound is about to play, and the function and control keys are swapped. I'm saving up for a Mac...
So I came across this article about Twitter. Twitter is like blogging except you only do 140 characters or less. It's getting big, but so far I haven't found any that I really follow. I think 140 is a little light... I would say you'd want to post maybe a couple sentences at a time. But it seems to really be taking off. I'm thinking people wouldn't want to read about my every move, but I can see how it could be useful... maybe when you're on vacation with a group of friends? Or doing a complex plant trial in say, Toronto?
Well time to head to orchestra... our concert is on Saturday Dec 6 at 7:30 PM. It's kinda like a reunion concert for me... We're playing the Barber of Seville overture, which I played a simplified version in middle school. Also the Franck Symphony, which is one of these epic symphonies, and I played that my senior year of HS (I can't imagine how we pulled that off). Then a song called "More" (which I snicker every time the conductor says it, because it just BEGS for a "who's on first" type conversation... ). Finally we have another song that slips my mind right now and a suite of music from Duke Ellington.
Monday, November 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Dale - Dec 6 sounds like a great concert! Send me a reminder email :)
I have owned enough bad laptops to say that Dell has certainly been the most reliable. I don't like HPs and many off brands are also bad. My friend who has a MAC has been having some issues too so many there isn't a perfect laptop. I think they only seem to last like 3 or 4 years - though I leave mine on all the time.
no - i could not handle 140 words. i do want to know your every move. ok, maybe not.
i want a mac too!
Dale, bloginage *is* a very clever play on those words. Props to you. However, I beat you to it. I had a blog three years ago called Bloginà ge. Life and work forced to abandon it, and it's hard to find traces of it anywhere these days. But here's a link that references it below the text.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2006/6/22/14104/4790/607/221117
--- Crossposted on Bloginà ge ---
I have a new blog now and tried to re-register Bloginage, but the domain is owned by some domain-squatting company in Panama. I'm not paying them $1,000 for the rights.
Keep up the good blogging and clever wordplay.
The blogger formerly known as He Blogs At Night.
Post a Comment