So I was really excited about one of my childhood favorite shows coming back... Knight Rider. I said back when they were showing the 2 hr movie version... it just has to be mediocre. Well I've watched my third episode, and I think that'll be all for me. It is absolutely horrible.
The show seems like something that Disney would make... a bunch of kids who are fighting bad guys and saving the world. Except it's on NBC and on prime time. And in every episode so far the co-star has taken off her clothes or appeared in a bikini and made sexual advances at "Michael Knight" (this week the Asian girl got to do a mission with him, and she got to appear in a bikini and take off her clothes too).
The acting is horrible. And the "missions" they go on... well they don't even attempt to put any scientific fact to it. In one episode, KITT is hit by a napalm type missile so the car catches on fire. The car keeps heating up (which conveniently gives the girl a chance to take off her clothes), and Michael asks KITT how long they have to live. KITT says:
"When the temperature hits 212 F, your body fluids will boil in your body and you will die." Guess what? Only water boils at 212 F. Your body fluids aren't water. They boil at a different temperature.
Later in that episode, they put out the fire by sealing them in a chamber and evacuating out all the oxygen. They hafta hurry bc the people in the car (Michael and the chick co-star in their underwear) don't have any oxygen to breathe. So KITT heriocally starts up and crashes through the door so they can breathe again. Guess what? If there's no oxygen, there's no internal combustion either. So the car would never be able to start.
I'll say it again... it only had to be mediocre. I'm not sure what demographic they're going to... they're not hitting people like me, who watched it growing up. So they're not leveraging the brand equity. It's not really a kids show, because of all the "adult situations." Who are they aiming for?
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
To answer your last question: Idiots. There's a lot of them, and often times they seem to outnumber the intelligent. The companies can afford to not have the intelligent (i.e. you) watch if they can entice more of the ignorant.
I think I figured it out... there was a kiddie Knight Rider a while back (similar to Power Rangers). I think this show is geared towards the kids that watched that show but are now a little more grown up (I'm guessing 18-24 range?)
hahaha....martha would probably argue that your target group would be included in her target group...
Post a Comment