Wow, it was really nice to have a quiet evening... I didn't come directly home after work at all this week until today. Actually I spent today working remotely and staying at home waiting for the cable guy (story to follow).
- I had some landscaping done on Wednesday to re-route my sump pump and gutter drains to prevent flooding in the basement. When I got home I didn't have internet... and cable. It's amazing how little you can do without internet AND cable. They apparently cut a wire. Good news is the cable company showed up on time and in a 2 hour window and fixed it for free.
- It was a frustrating week at work... the culture of my function, if you were to personify it, is the cheapskate that refuses to buy pens until all the ones at home are used up. Even if you need a 10 cent pen to endorse a $100 check. It leaves me in a bind with the other functions... I almost offered to spend my own money on this (that's how low the amount was).
- I was at a Starbucks last night because I didn't have an internet connection at home. They've got a nice deal now where if you buy a drink with their Starbucks card, I get 2 hours of internet a week for the next 30 days. It was the Starbucks downtown because I had finished taking an intern candidate out to dinner (gotta love free dinners on the company!) and it didn't have a bathroom. So it was a tradeoff between maximizing internet surfing time and minimizing discomfort.
- I just finished watching Numb3rs. For some reason I've come to love that show... the math in it is a bit of a stretch, but it's interesting to hear the math theories. Every once in a while I actually know the theory they're talking about! I think I also like it because of the family element (it's two brothers, the math nerd and the FBI guy working together) and they always hang out at their father's house.
Friday, October 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I like numb3rs too. not that that means I am around to watch tv on a friday night...
didn't have a bathroom!?!??! good god.
Numb3rs is one of the shows I watch when I catch it on, too. I find it quite fascinating.
I am appalled that some place that serves liquid and caffeine (a diuretic) did not have a public restroom. That's horrible, however, hilarious at the same time since they have internet-I guess they want you gone once you're done drinking, not when you're done blogging.
Does the yardwork and such around the house help your opinion of your home?
well...not having bathrooms is a good way to increase the turnover rate...people won't spend their time loitering and lingering over the free wi-fi once the espresso hits...
Really, Kathy? I couldn't have figured that out.
However, any place that serves food or beverages and a place to sit and eat/drink them should have a restroom. Especially a coffee house - serving diuretics and no place to go is just cruel.
Oh, they have a bathroom. I have a very hard time believing their employees would simply be required to hold it for over 8 hours (for those working a full-time shift). I'm quite sure that not having a bathroom would probably violate some kind of labor code.
Post a Comment