Sunday, August 10, 2008

Beach blogging... one last time

Alas, the time to leave this beach blogging world has come. Tomorrow we check out and head to the airport for a late afternoon flight. The weather is beautiful tonight, probably about 75 degrees with a nice ocean breeze. A band is playing "Sweet Caroline" by Neal Diamond in the background. It really saddens me to think that tomorrow I will need to be heading home, but the one thing that keeps my spirits up is I head for St. Thomas in 2.5 weeks... hopefully I can enjoy the same beach life there!

This would be a wonderful place to spend a vacation with a significant other or a honeymoon. There's a whole top 10 list of why Hawaii is a great place to visit. One reason is it's a US state, so no passport is required. The driving laws are similar. You can rent cars for ~$50 a day. Your cell phones work (if you have Verizon). Good seafood. Good Asian food (white people are a minority here). No worries about drinking the water. The weather is very predictably good.

So the time has come... we'll see you back in the continental US. I sure hope you're all around to cheer me up.

2 comments:

Martha said...

Wow, you're doing a lot of fabulous vacationing!

I'm going to Yellowstone in a few weeks. :)

Winston Lee (Savvy Familee) said...

that's awesome. Maybe we can do Stupidfest Hawaii someday.