OK, so I realize this will pale in comparison to some of Dave's sleep stories, but it's foremost on the mind RIGHT NOW...
So the last few weeks, I've gotten into an interesting sleep pattern. I'll fall into a deep sleep immediately, but then after maybe 30 minutes I'll wake up... and then can't sleep again. The worst day was last Tuesday, when that happened and I didn't get back to sleep until 4 AM. It happened again tonight... went to bed about midnight, fell asleep, even started dreaming... and then popped up. Not sure if this is related to the fact that my power naps have been great... I fall asleep, and half an hour later I wake up refreshed. So I seem to be power napping when I should be outright sleeping. Could it be because my body doesn't really need all the sleep I'm getting? I figure I average about 7-8 hours a night (a little less on the weekdays, a little more on the weekends).
The best part of not being able to sleep at this time of night is I get to chat with my Pacific Time buddy Winston. Only today I've already chatted with him as he was driving back from visiting northern California. Isn't it weird that driving from Northern Cali to Southern Cali is about the same time as driving from Cinci to Wisconsin?
Tuesday, September 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I have some lullaby CDs for Nicky that you could borrow! ;)
Dale - with all of this time up late, you'd think you'd have time to link to my blog from your blog :)
I say try to go with 4 hours of sleep per night and then sleep in on the weekends.
Ask and you shall receive.
I guess I should add the blog hub too (Karen)
You can always call me. I have no life.
It might be those power naps that mess you up. I used to do that in college and my sleep schedule was abnormal. Although I slept a little longer than 30 minutes.
I'm most amused when friends who can't sleep on the East coast call me, thinking I will talk, but I'm going to bed.
I am horrible with naps...mine are more like a couple hours long,though, so they really mess with my sleeping at night...
Post a Comment