Wednesday, November 29, 2006

10 year high school reunion

So this Thanksgiving weekend was my 10 year high school reunion. It was a relatively low key night, we all hung out in the upstairs of a bar and basically chatted it up. I really enjoyed it. I must say, the women took care of themselves a lot better than the men did. Some of the fun:

- Those blog veterans recall a profile I did of my sister Linda. In it, I mentioned that I am three years older than her, but despite that when she entered high school I immediately become "Linda's brother." Well, at the reunion, the second person I talk to (someone's date) recognizes my name and says "hey, you're Linda's brother."

- One of my high school classmates now lives in Cincy. Her husband works in Mason, where I live. It would've been REALLY weird to run into her at the grocery store.

- I carpooled with my good friends Jason and Linda (who I've heard may have checked into this blog a couple times but haven't commented at all). Jason, who sells light bulbs for GE (OK, he really is in marketing for MRI machines), has to leave for Chicago early in the morning. As we're leaving, a cute former classmate of mine stops me and says "Hey, I was hoping I'd see you!" I talked with her briefly but told her I had to go... she seemed geninuely disappointed. Jason, playing the part of a wingman that would make Jim proud, goes "Unless you want to take him home." Unfortunately, I think her expression was like "OK see ya."

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had an enjoyable time at your reunion!
(I won't go to mine: all-girls are too catty for me.) And reunions have such potential; I like the concept of them.

Anonymous said...

what a riot! our last reunion proved that 5 years wasn't enough. not sure if i'll go to my 10 year. especially if martha's not going!

Winston Lee (Savvy Familee) said...

Haha, way to go Deeken.

Anonymous said...

Dale, that's when you ask if she snores then walk out with your friend.

My 10 year was great!

Anonymous said...

Karen: I did not go to our 5 yr, either (5 years WASN'T enough). All feedback afterwards was that the focus was engagement rings, husbands, and weight gain. Being all female - will prob be the same focuses (focusi?) of our 10 year, with the addition of kids.

Viki said...

Our class officers swore up and down there would be a five year - nope. I am anxiously awaiting the 10 year, both to be very happy for the people who I love and who succeeded, and to grin to myself about the people I figured would go nowhere but were a pain in the ass all 4 years...

Dale said...

It's funny because none of those subjects came up at my reunion. Do you think all that stuff could be just imagined?

Anonymous said...

What do you think, Karen? I don't think they're imagined...just too many women in a room at once....too many woman in competition to be the best in one room. Not sure what the actual convers were...just what was reported back (maybe it's my FRIENDS who were the ones dwelling on Kristi B. having the largest ring...Julia D. gaining the most weight).... I generally keep up with everyone I'd like to, or know how to get in touch with those I've lost touch.