Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving cartoon

Courtesy of Dean's blog...


Great cartoon... All this immigration talk kinda hits home with me. I'm shocked at all this anger at immigrants. I can see if people want to crack down on illegal immigrants, but I'm afraid it's getting a bit out of hand. People are way to short sighted and lack knowledge if they feel that immigrants are taking away American jobs. Maybe I'll get into it a little later when I'm not watching the Cowboys!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

quite appropriate! funny and your sentiments are so true!

Anonymous said...

Interesting cartoon...I don't know about most people, but I for one object to "illegal" rather than "immigrant"...As for the jobs, I've yet to meet anyone who's ever said "i wanted that job picking beans in the summer heat, but they gave it to the mexican instead" (and i know a lot of people in the farming world) so i don't think that's the true issue- but I do know people who object to illegal immigrants not paying taxes, yet being rewarded with free healthcare or other forms of gov't assistance and expedited route to residency (why make illegal so easy?...we should reward legal so that's the route people prefer to use to enter the country, otherwise illegal will become the preferred method for more) I am interested to hear your input. All of the legal immigrants I've discussed it with aren't the biggest fans of illegal immigration either.