Sunday, September 10, 2006

The first football Sunday

A few musings from the first Sunday off football season:

-I'm currently on my 9th hour of TV watching today, third game of the day, pitting Peyton Manning against his little brother Eli Manning. The NFL should totally do everything under their power to support fantasy leagues... if it weren't for fantasy leagues, I doubt I'd be so into this game.

-My team, the Green Bay Packers, are in for a LOOONG season as we lose to the Bears 26-0. The Bengals on the other hand are looking good, I think I'm a good omen to wherever I move to.

-I watched the first game at a friend's house, who has the NFL Sunday Ticket package (you have access to all the games). Sounds like a great thing to have a bunch of friends over and be able to watch all the games, but everyone wants to be watching their team's game. So we end up flipping channels and we don't really see a lot of any one game. I wonder what the solution is...

4 comments:

Finlands finest said...

yipee!! Go Bears!! Go Bengals!!!

Tom said...

Dale - My solution is to make it clear that I am inviting folks over for the Pats game, with little to no expectations of checking in on any other game, then it's up to them if they want to come or not

Viki said...

You are not a Packers fan! Thank goodness we whoopped (sp?) your ass on Sunday. :-)

Winston Lee (Savvy Familee) said...

two TVs in one room. should be fairly easy to bring in a small tv and antennae from the guest room or what have you. I've always hated Picture in Picture because you can't see the small window and the big window is partially blocked by the small window.