Sunday, September 24, 2006

The anti-delisting blog

To avoid the risk of being delisted from Karen's list of blogs, I blog tonight...

I did end up calling Queen City to talk about the incident on Tuesday... The guy immediate said he'd give me my $3 back. I told him that's great, and asked him if his employees were allowed to give refunds with out a ticket. He said no. I told him that they need to be a bit more tactful in communicating that, rather than trying to dig in and argue. He asked who I dealt with, and I told him. He seemed like he was gonna take care of it. Either way, I get my $3 back, but the experience leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

I often have problems with people in customer service when they start arguing with me as if they have been wronged ("I can't help it if they forfeited"). I'm already mad that something happened to me, and now you feel like you've been wronged by me? Worse yet is when they start being condescending (when I told the gate agent that it's Delta's fault they overbooked, not mine, and she said "we're not Delta, we're Comair). All they need to do is to apologize, maybe be a bit sympathetic, and say they're not allowed to do whatever it is, but here is the person that can. More brownie points is if they would say "I'll personally let my supervisor know." They all need to read the chapter of the book "How to Win Friends and Influence People" where they say even if you win this argument, you lose.

1 comment:

Karen said...

send them a copy of carnegie's book! :)