Sunday, June 03, 2007

Oppressed People

So today wrapped up a busy weekend for me... I went to the 5th Annual GE/P&G APA Picnic. This is where all of us Asian/Pacific Americans hang out for an afternoon, complete with food, cornhole, volleyball, and prizes. When people ask me why we get to do this stuff, I say it's because us Asians are oppressed.

At this event, they also had someone who does card tricks... he told a story and flipped over cards as he told the story. Good thing Karen wasn't there, because she can't help but fall for a man who tells stories as he flips over cards. I find it funny that this happened, because this topic came up on Saturday night when we attended Dave's wedding renewal party.

Speaking of wedding renewals, this was the first time I experienced one. Made for an interesting rehearsal, as some of the wording had to be changed (i.e. "I now pronounce you husband and wife... again?). In all seriousness, I think it was a wonderful thing to be done. If I had something to renew, I think I'd do it too.

4 comments:

Karen said...

"If i had something to renew i'd do it too" - ha!!

you're right about your magician at the party - i might have to excuse myself from the celebration as to not get in trouble with my Copperfield at home! :)

Winston Lee (Savvy Familee) said...

What's cornhole?

Martha said...

hahaha. which definition of cornhole do you want?!?
1) Summer game around Cincy (typically the West Side), great to play while drinking beer (preferrably cheap beer) where you have teams and you toss bing bags onto a ramp like thing with a hole in it...and points awarded for getting it in the hole, near the hole, on the board, etc.
2) homosexual anal sex. (or at least that's what my friend's dad in Georgia told us when we mentioned it to him)

Winston Lee (Savvy Familee) said...

I take it you guys played the first version?