(Thanks to Jim for coming up with the theme song for this blog... this is an actual song that was featured on the Bob and Tom show)
So on Thursday I played a double header softball game to make it a record 5 softball games in 3 days. We did end up winning both, making my record for the week 2-3. Our team did get on the topic of blogs during yesterday's games, and one person in particular said she'd never read a blog. So I told her I'd talk about her and that'll get her to read it. She still says she'd never do it. So Liz, eat your heart out. You WILL read this blog at some point. Liz is a ringer who originally was supposed to play on the Tuesday team, but broke her wrist in one of her 500 volleyball games a week (the 5 games is a lot to me, it's a normal week for her). Everytime she gets out she says she hates the game. OK, so everyone who reads this blog and knows Liz, tell her all the gossip I'm writing about her.
So you're probably wondering about the title... So in the second game of the doubleheader, in about the 6th inning, the pitcher on their team yells at someone on their bench because he's holding up their last fielder from getting into the game. I thought he was kidding around with him, but maybe not... So this guy, who's not in the game, starts jawing at the pitcher, and starts walking out toward the mound. The aforementioned Liz is actually waiting to bat during all this. The guy gets to the mound and he and the pitcher yell at each other for about 5 minutes. I think the team's some sort of religious group, because I heard the guy say "Don't disrespect me. I don't disrespect you, I call you Reverend..." To top it all off, he was carrying a baby carrier the whole time. I don't think there was a baby in the carrier, but it looked pretty strange to have a guy yelling at a supposed Reverend holding a baby carrier.
The rest of the game went off without a hitch... The team overall seemed pretty friendly (lots of cheering going on). But definitely a first for me...
Friday, June 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
that is O-D-D
Post a Comment