Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Where I've been - 1/3 life crisis

It's been a while since I've blogged... but it's good to know I haven't been ex-communicated from Karen's blog roll yet. It's been quite a last few months of self-discovery, of which is still in progress. I'm in the process of doing some housecleaning, both literally and figuratively.

I've decided to sell my house. It's a terrible economic time to do it, but I've told people, this isn't a financial decision, it's a life decision. I blogged back in October of 2008 that I just didn't have any passion towards owning my house. I moved in when I was like 24 years old. Well, on Saturday, I will sign on with a realtor (who ironically I bought the house from back in 2001) to put my house on the market... only 2 years later. Many people ask where I'm going... I'm definitely going back to renting. A nice complex sounds really nice, where I could have a swimming pool and workout facilities. I'd love a place where I can walk to stuff like small restaurants and places that have wifi. Other than that, I'm pretty open.

I also recently broke up with Priscila. It's really hard and gut wrenching because of all the history we had. And without getting into gory detail, the issues that caused the breakup weren't anything she was doing on purpose. But alas, it wasn't something that I could live with. It's been tough getting used to the single life after over a year with her. Although it hurts now, it was probably the right decision.

Anyways, there's my life... I can probably sum up my life right now as throwing the dice again and seeing what comes up.

6 comments:

Karen said...

rent's cheap at casa de eutsler. ;)

Glad that things are getting "in order" and though it might feel complicated now, it'll settle into "normal" soon.

I like your ideas on renting and the description.

Dale said...

Thanks Karen... It feels kind of refreshing in a way!

Martha said...

If you want to shake life up a bit more before your 1/3 life crisis is over, you can add "move across country" and "rent Martha's condo" to your list. :)There are some decent stores/restaurants walking distance, bike paths almost every where, and the best grocery store is showing up across the street with a movie theatre and bowling alley. Plus you'd have built in friends in the area b/c Alvin and I live just 2.5 miles away. And I assume your adopted sister will be returning to school here? That's less than 1.5 hours away! :)

Glad to hear things are going well, albeit complicated! :)

Tom said...

Dale here's what you do (it works just ask Dave)

1) enter the fall triathlon
2) buy a road bike
3) join our bike gang
4) train or not train for the fall triathlon
5) compete in triathlon regardless of training
6) show off new triathlon body to the ladies

Anonymous said...

It was closer to:
1. Enter the Fall Triathlon
2. Finish triathlon.
(2a. Get a cat)
3. Then buy bike.
4. Then train briefly.
5. Buy several biking jerseys representing achievements you will never accomplish.
6. Ladies swoon.
7. Ladies fantasy Tour De France team beats yours.
8. Then consider training again someday.

Dave

Anonymous said...

i think you should move to SF bay area and rent a place!