I'm having a nice IM conversation with Jim right now about stocks and how the market has rebounded. I keep track on a spreadsheet on my PC, but since I switched over to the Mac I haven't been able to check my performance. I just transferred that file over yesterday, and I discovered I'm up 50% on the year. Now I don't for a minute believe I'm a genius or I should quit my job to become the next Warren Buffet, but it feels really good and I want to continue to learn what I did right. I'm sure a ton of it is timing and luck, but some of it also was being able to go against the crowd and seeing things on your own.
As you might know, I also enjoy going back in my blog posts and seeing what I was up to one year ago. Well coincidentally, the first post I stumbled upon was this post about an article from Warren Buffet, and how I was going to try to take advantage of the downturn. Now the next step is how to continue to be smart with my money, and not get too high on myself and continue to learn...
Monday, October 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment